RC prospective applicants must meet the following:
- At least 18 years of age.
- English proficiency.
- High school education or equivalent. If from a foreign institution, corresponding translation and evaluation must be presented.* Riggs College does not offer admission based on Ability to Benefit (ATB).
- U.S. citizenship or a permanent resident card.*
- Complete application for admissions.
- Interview with administration selection committee with two (2) recommendations for admission.
- Satisfactorily pass a background check.
- Entrance exam results of 75% or higher.*(Non-nursing only)
Applicants are notified as to their status (acceptance or denial into program) by letter. Meeting the minimum criteria for admission does not guarantee admission to the college.
Enrollment & Registration
To enroll and register in courses at Riggs College, students must undertake the following activities:
- Arrangements for payment of tuition and associated fees with an advanced deposit or down payment. *
- Execute an Enrollment Agreement.
- Attend a comprehensive orientation session.
- Complete all documents and paperwork associated with enrollment.
Students seeking to enroll in and register for nursing courses with clinical and practicum experiences are also required to undertake the following activities to enroll, register and participate in such courses:
- A physical examination of good health and fitness to work in health care.
- Current vaccination, declination, or titers for TB, Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps and Rubella, Varicella, Covid-19, and Influenza.
- Current certification in Basic Life Saving (BLS).
In addition, students enrolling in and registering for nursing courses with clinical and practicum experiences may also be required to participate in drug screenings, execute facility attestations and agreements, and complete other activities as mandated by our affiliated facilities.
Students are responsible for all costs associated with enrollment and registration in clinical and practicum courses.